Frequently Asked Questions
What does the rental price include?
- Unlimited Mileage
- Breakdown cover
- Comprehensive UK insurance for 1 driver
- Free personalised vehicle familiarisation tour before you leave
- For a comprehensive list of what is included in you hire please see section ‘What does my motorhome come with’
Who can drive the motorhome?
- We can insure drivers between 25-70 years of age who have held a full license for more than 3 years
- You can have upto 3 drivers per vehicle, the first driver is included in the hire cost additional fees apply for additional drivers
- You must have a manual license to drive our Motorhome
- All drivers need to present to collect the Motorhome
Can I drive with points on my license?
- We can except up to 2 sets of speeding fines per driver (i.e. SP30) although there is an additional charge for points on licence that were acquired within last three years
- For more than 2 sets of points or for any points that are not SP’s please contact us.
- We may not be able to arrange cover for convictions with the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR and TT or for any driver disqualified within the last 5 years so please contact us.
- Please refer to our term and conditions for full details on driver / licence requirements.
Is there a minimum hire period?
- Our minimum hire period is 3 nights off peak
- During the mid season usually 1st April – 31st May & 1st September – 31st October minimum hire period is 5 nights
- During peak season from 1st June until 31st August and Easter minimum hire is 7 nights
- Neash Motorhome Rental reserve the right to increase the minimum hire period for certain events such as Christmas, festivals and other special events. Please contact us with your specific requirements.
How do I make a booking?
- Bookings can be made via, email, our online enquiry form or phone
- To confirm a booking a deposit of £150 per week of hire or 20% on the hire cost whichever is greater is required
- The remaining balance will be due 6 weeks before collection of your Motorhome
- If confirming a booking less than 6 weeks prior to collection the full amount is required.
- A reservation is only binding after Neash Motorhome Rental has confirmed it. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onward. Once the reservation is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to you.
How do I pay?
- The booking deposit and balance needs to be paid by bank transfer.
- The security deposit needs to be paid by credit / debit card, our secure payment system ensures that you can pay for your Motorhome security deposit online with convenience and peace of mind. Please note – There is a 2.4% surcharge on the use of Business and International Cards.
Please ensure that your credit card limit/balance covers the cost of the security deposit otherwise your on line booking will fail
What charges apply if I cancel my booking?
- More than six weeks before collection the booking deposit is non refunded
Six to two weeks before hire 50% of total hire charge will be charged.
Cancel within 14 days of your check in date or no show 100% of the hire price will be charged
Neash Motorhome Rental will permit the booking deposit to be reused once for an alternative hire period, if changed prior to six weeks before collection and alternative dates are available. NB booking can only be moved once
What time can I collect and return my motorhome?
- Collection times are generally after 2pm
- Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over, to complete the documentation and demonstrate the vehicle
- Return times are before 11am
- A late fee is chargeable if the motorhome is returned late unless previously agreed in writing
What do I need to collect my motorhome?
- All drivers must be present on collection of the motorhome
- Full valid licence (both plastic photo and the paper counterpart for Northern Ireland licences)
- National Insurance number (for UK licence holders for DVLA check)
- International licence if required (countries outside the EU)
- Two utility bills or bank statements per driver, each with a name and address matching that on their driving licence. MUST be less than 3 month sold
What is the security deposit?
- A security deposit of £1,000.00 (£1,500.00 if taking pets, going to a festival or large groups) is payable 7 days before collection of the motorhome on a credit or debit card
Is there any excess on the insurance?
- There is a excess of £1,000.00 on the insurance policy
Can I take the motorhome to Europe?
- Yes, although the is an additional charge of £10 per day
Can I take the motorhome to Ireland?
Can I take the motorhome to Festivals or rallies or sporting events?
- We allow use of the Motorhome for festivals, rallies and other events; however this will be on a request basis only and will be subject to price increases and or excess payments. We reserve the right to decline the use of the Motorhomes for these types of use.
Can I take the motorhome on a ferry?
- Your motorhome can be taken on a ferry, the company will usually ask for the registration and length and height of the vehicle
Can I take my pet?
- Yes pets are allowed in the motorhome at no extra cost although we do ask they are not left in the vehicle unattended or on the soft furnishings
- The security deposit will be £1,500.00 and we ask for you to sign a copy of our pets policy
Do you allow smoking?
- We do not allow smoking; it is strictly prohibited in all vehicles.
- Should any evidence of smoking be detected in the Motorhome we reserves the right to impose additional valeting and/or upholstery cleaning fees (minimum £250) and charge demurrage.
Do you deliver?
- Sorry we do not currently offer a delivery service, but please contact use to discuss your requirements.
Do you do one way hires?
- Sorry we do not currently offer a one way hire.
What does the motorhome come with?
- Full tank of diesel
- Full tank of LPG gas
- Refillable LPG gas system
- 1/3 full fresh water tank
- Leisure battery
- Reversing Camera
- Dash Cam
- Shower and Toilet
- Gas hob
- Grill / Oven
- Fridge with Freezer compartment
- Pots, pans and cooking utensils
- Crockery, cutlery and glasses
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke alarm
- Gas and or mains electric powered heating and hot water system
- TV/ DVD/ Digital Status aerial
- 4G Wifi hotspot
- CD or USB stereo system
- European travel pack (First aid kit, bulb and fuse pack, beam benders, breathalyzers)
- Warning triangle
- Fresh water filling hose
- Electric hook up cable and EU adaptor
- Aqua chem toilet chemicals for the duration of your hire
- Cleaning items including (Dustpan and brush, mop and bucket and various cleaning cloths and chemicals)
What works on gas (LPG refillable gas bottle)?
- The heating and hot water
- Gas hob
- Gas Oven
What works from the Leisure battery?
- All living area lights
- Water pump
- TV/DVD/Digital Status aerial
- 4G Wifi hotspot
- USB Charging points
What is the Leisure battery?
- The leisure battery which is an independent battery in the motorhome that powers 12V appliances, the lights, the water pump, the heating fan, the USB sockets and the TV. The leisure battery is recharged when the engine is running, when connected to mains and from the solar panel during daylight hours.
What are the benefits of hooking up to the mains electric?
- A power source of 240 volts is needed to fully power the motorhome
- The plug sockets can be used when hooked up
- The fridge can be used
- The leisure battery will charge through the mains
How many miles per gallon can I expect?
- All motorhomes will do roughly 23-28 miles per gallon around 320 miles per tank
Are there power points in the motorhome?
- There are 2 plug sockets for a standard 3 pin plug (they only work when connected to the mains electric)
- The is a 2 point USB socket in the dinette area
- There is also a 12v socket and USB in the dash that can be used for phone chargers, satnavs ect.
Is linen included?
- Towels are included suitable for the party size
- Bedding can be hired at £20 per hire and includes duvet, sheets and pillows.
Will the motorhome fit a baby car seat?
- All motorhomes can fit a baby car seat/booster seat/ booster cushion.
Are the motorhomes suitable for Winter hire?
- All motorhomes have double glazing, and wall and floor insulation
- All motorhomes are fitted with gas heating/ hot water system as well as an electric fan in the Winter.
How do I return my motorhome?
- All motorhomes must be returned to our location by the agreed time
- We ask that the motorhome is returned with a full tank of fuel and LPG gas
- The motorhome must be returned with an empty toilet cassette and grey water tank, please make sure these are emptied at approved disposal points
- The motorhome is be be returned in a clean and tidy condition
- All floors clean
- Food rubbish removed
- Bathroom clean and tidy
- Surfaces wiped